Monday, August 17, 2009

Beatin on my chest screaming MIDWEST

Its been 1 year since Ive posted anything or boated due to a bad decision and a dirtbike. The accident happend last year on 9/11 (go figure) where I tore everything in my AC Joint thats possible. ER basically told me I would never have full roation in my shoulder and would be in pain the rest of my life. I ended up at Steadman hawkins (http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/)


I talked to the doc which he had good news that it could be fixed, but would take surgery. With reconstructive surgery and a kadiver graph on 11/30, 6 months of rehab, 2 months of rest(due to broken collar bone), alot of pain, and pills; I finally started feeling a little better. I had one more check up a week before my trip to Colorado, so I was kinda sweatin till the Doc gave me the thumbs up. YES!!


Before Surgery (colar and shoulder bone are sticking out)


After Surgery

After 24 hrs of driving and some good sleep; off to the 1st day where we headed to Eldo Canyon. Eldo was a breathe taking gorge with full on rock climbing and kayaking. It was kinda high having not checked the gauge until we got back (290 cfs). It looked very intimidating so we opted out on running Harmon which had a keep hydrolic in the entrance. The stuff below was GOOD including a tiny slot in the middle that was around 10 or so feet. I had a rough day consisting of flipping and pinning on alot of junkie stuff, so the rest of the trip I kinda gripped about hurting myself again.

Eldo Beautiful place to hang out.

Afterwards we drove up to Neiderlands for some free camping. The next day we did a super fast run on Alto-Alto which was a fun wave trains with some holes mixed in. We grabbed some lunch then waited for the other guys (Clint, Andy, and Joe) and immediately jumped back on Alto for one more run. Next day we made some calls and headed to Crested Butte...

No comments: